The primary competencies are:
The ideal candidate will be an IT professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both
written and verbal) and will be required to manage a team of individuals that has self-starter attitudes. The
candidate needs a proven track record as Software Development Team Leader. The position is part of an
agile development team, building and working on enterprise payment grade software systems on top of a
PHP Laravel and VUE.js development stack. The Software Development Team Leader will provide technical
and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
The norm is working regular office hours but getting results always takes top priority.
The company subscribes to a hybrid working environment where the team is allowed to work on and off site,
therefore virtual team & deliverables management is a requirement.
The primary characteristics of the incumbent are:
An intelligent, strong, tech savvy, outcomes focussed professional. We are looking for a person with a
willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges in this fast-paced growing company.
A passion for mentoring team members is a priority. You will be expected to by utilise your strong technical
background to guide the team to use best practices when implementing solutions that the DevOps Manager
The Team leader must be comfortable with team members contributing their ideas to build innovative
solutions and foster a team spirit of creativity and personal growth. Team members should not be
micromanaged but delivering work of high standard within a timeous manner should always be the goal.
Commencement Date: 1st May 2023
Cost-to-company Salary: Competitive market related remuneration package
Leave: 15 workdays per annum (1.25 workdays per month)
• 7+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
• 3+ years in a technical leadership role
• College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• People’s person, able to engender cooperation from all organisational staff
Duties & Responsibility Span:
• Reporting to the DevOps Manager
• Guide and motivate team in development efforts towards successful project delivery.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
• Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design,
develop, test, and maintain web- and android based business applications.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories,
estimates and work plans.
• Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the upgrade and rewrite of legacy software.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale
to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
• Provide third-level support to business users.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products to promote efficiency and quality of products.
Core Competency Requirements
• Linux sysadmin knowledge preferably Ubuntu.
• Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
• Experience with one of the major Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure GCP), preferably AWS
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development
techniques and theories
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication skills
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Preferred Competency Requirements
• Experience with web development technologies
• Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM technologies
• Experience with user interface design and prototyping
• Experience with API design interfacing with ERP systems
Should you be interested in this position, kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, before close
of business on Friday 07 April 2023