The primary competencies are:
We are seeking a skilled Network Security Specialist with expertise in AWS technologies with experience in
setting up FortiGate firewalls. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining
secure networks in the cloud. This is a technical role with some managerial responsibilities. You will collaborate
with cross–functional teams to ensure the successful integration of FortiGate firewalls, leveraging your deep
understanding of AWS security best practices and firewall configurations.
The norm is working regular office hours but getting results always takes top priority. Application deployments
may take place in the evening, and the time spent on these deployments will be accounted for separately from
normal office hours. We embrace a hybrid working environment, allowing our team members to work both
on–site and remotely. As a result, proficiency in virtual team management and the ability to manage
deliverables in a virtual setting are essential requirements for this position.
The primary characteristics of the incumbent are:
An intelligent, strong, tech savvy, outcomes focussed professional. We are looking for a very knowledgeable
and experienced resource to guide, advise and implement best practices for all AddPay (Pty) Ltd systems.
Commencement Date: 1st September 2023 or ASAP
Cost–to–company Salary: Competitive market related remuneration package
Leave: 15 workdays per annum (1.25 workdays per month)
• Overall IT security for AddPay group.
• Design and implement networks and firewalls within AWS environments.
• Configure, manage, and troubleshoot firewalls to ensure optimal network security and
• Collaborate with cross–functional teams, including network engineers, system
administrators, and developers, to setup and maintain networks and security thereof.
• Conduct security assessments and audits to identify vulnerabilities and propose appropriate
• Develop and maintain documentation, including network diagrams, configuration guides,
and standard operating procedures related networks and security.
• Stay up to date with the latest AWS security features, FortiGate firewall technologies, and
industry trends to provide recommendations for improving network security and
• Participate in incident response and perform root cause analysis for security–related
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members on network and
security configurations and best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field. Relevant
certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Security Specialty, Fortinet NSE) are a plus.
• Proven experience in cloud networks and security, specifically in AWS environments.
• In–depth knowledge of AWS services and features, such as VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, CloudTrail,
CloudWatch, AWS WAF, Route53, secrets manager, and AWS Security Hub.
• Strong expertise in configuring and managing FortiGate firewalls, including FortiOS, firewall
policies, VPN configurations, and advanced threat protection features.
• Solid understanding of network protocols, security standards (e.g., SSL/TLS, IPsec), and
networking concepts (e.g., routing, subnetting, load balancing).
• Experience with network security tools, such as intrusion detection and prevention systems
(IDS/IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), and vulnerability scanners.
• Proficient in scripting and automation using languages like Python, PowerShell, or Bash to
streamline security operations.
• Excellent problem–solving skills and the ability to analyze complex network security issues.
• Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross–functional teams and
present technical information to both technical and non–technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a fast–paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Experience with cloud platforms and networks, such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google
Cloud Platform (GCP).
• Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools, including infrastructure as code (IaC) using
Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
• Knowledge of other security technologies and solutions, such as intrusion prevention
systems (IPS), data loss prevention (DLP), and SIEM platforms.
• Experience with network monitoring and logging solutions, such as AWS CloudWatch, Elastic
Stack, Splunk etc.
• Experience in banking security will be highly beneficial.
• Experience in setting up network peering will be beneficial.
Should you be interested in this position, kindly forward your CV to email@example.com, before close of
business on Friday 05 August 2023
AddPay (Pty) Ltd is a successful fintech located in Techno Park, Stellenbosch. We have grown by implementing new ideas...