The primary competencies are:
The ideal candidate will be an IT professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both
written and verbal) and must have extensive knowledge with strong proficiency in PHP, Laravel and
The candidate needs a proven track record as a Senior Software Developer. The position is part of an
agile development team, building and working on enterprise payment grade software systems on top of
a PHP Laravel and VUE.js development stack.
We embrace a hybrid working environment, allowing our team members to work both on–site and
remotely. As a result, proficiency in virtual team management and the ability to manage deliverables in
a virtual setting are essential requirements for this position.
The primary characteristics of the incumbent are:
An intelligent, strong, tech savvy, outcomes focussed professional. We are looking for a person with a
willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges in this fast–paced growing company.
Commencement Date: 1st November 2023 or ASAP
Cost–to–company Salary: Competitive market related remuneration package
Leave: 15 workdays per annum (1.25 workdays per month)
• Reporting to the DevOps Manager
• Maintain high standards of software quality.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan,
design, develop, test, and maintain web– and android based business applications.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories,
estimates and work plans.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer–reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the upgrade and rewrite of legacy software.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of
rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Adhere to high–quality development principles while delivering solutions on–time and on–
• Develop Cloud native solutions.
• Provide third–level support to business users.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products to promote efficiency and quality of
• 7+ years’ experience as a Software Developer / Senior Software Developer
• College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Linux sysadmin knowledge preferably Ubuntu.
• Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
• Experience with one of the major Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure GCP), preferably AWS
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Comprehensive understanding of object–oriented and service–oriented application
development techniques and theories
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication skills
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Should you be interested in this position, kindly forward your CV to email@example.com, before close of
business on Monday 23 October 2023