The primary competencies are:
join our team.
Preferred Competency Requirements
• Experience with web development technologies
• Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL and ORM
• Experience with user interface design and prototyping
• Experience with API design interfacing with ERP systems
• We embrace a hybrid working environment, allowing our team members to work both on–
site and remotely. As a result, proficiency in virtual team management and the ability to
manage deliverables in a virtual setting are essential requirements for this position.
The primary characteristics of the incumbent are:
An intelligent, strong, tech savvy, outcomes focussed professional. We are looking for a very knowledgeable
and experienced resource to guide, advise and implement best practices for all AddPay (Pty) Ltd systems.
Commencement Date: 1st November 2023 or ASAP
Cost–to–company Salary: Competitive market related remuneration package
Leave: 15 workdays per annum (1.25 workdays per month)
• Reporting to the DevOps Manager
• Maintain high standards of software quality.
• Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to
plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web– and android based business applications.
• Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user
stories, estimates and work plans.
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
• Participate in peer–reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Package and support deployment of releases.
• Work with teammates in the upgrade and rewrite of legacy software.
• Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
• Analyse and resolve technical and application problems.
• Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation
of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
• Adhere to high–quality development principles while delivering solutions on–time and on–
• Provide third–level support to business users.
• Research and evaluate a variety of software products to promote efficiency and quality of
• 3+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
• College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
• Linux sysadmin knowledge preferably Ubuntu.
• Experience designing and developing enterprise grade software.
• Experience with one of the major Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure GCP), preferably AWS
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Comprehensive understanding of object–oriented and service–oriented application
development techniques and theories
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team
• Strong communication skills
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
Should you be interested in this position, kindly forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, before close of
business on Monday 23 October 2023